Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Getting to know your friends Q & A (Winter 2006 Edition).

* I must say that Nate, you and I think a lot a like. Therefore, some of my answers remain the same as yours. Why delete and retype I say. * * *

  1. What time did you get up this morning? I set my alarm for 7:30, but I didn't get up til 8:30.
  2. Diamonds or pearls? ok, maybe I shouldn't fill this out. maybe this is too much chick-like. ...alright, I'm open, I'm open.
  3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? End of the Spear
  4. What's your favorite TV show? right now, it is definitely Smallville
  5. What did you have for breakfast this morning? bagal (with creme cheese)
  6. What's your favorite cuisine? Mexican, Chinese
  7. What foods do you dislike? anything that's staring back at me.
  8. What is your favorite chip flavor? ah, n.a.
  9. What's your favorite CD at the moment? Masters Series In Christian Thought by Stand To Reason (actually it's comprised of 10 CDs)
  10. What kind of car do you drive? Doesn't everyone already know. Chevy S-10. as Bo & Luke says, "yyyeeeee-HAAAAA!"
  11. Favorite sandwich? Anything that begins with the word, "Big."
  12. What characteristics do you despise? inauthenticity; also self-righteousness (which anyone possesses who claims to be a good person in themselves).
  13. What is your favorite type of clothing? loose fitting clothes -- especially pants.
  14. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Europe and Israel.
  15. What color is your bathroom? hold on. let me go check... white.
  16. Favorite brand of clothing? don't care.
  17. Where would you retire to? First off, let me say I will not retire (like Nate). But if you are asking me where I plan to live in my remaining years, I would hope it would be someplace like Colorado, North Carolina, or Hawaii.
  18. Favorite time of the day? to quote one of my favorite movies, "breakfast time, lunch time, and dinner time." But seriously, it would be late in the day; that's when I'm most productive.
  19. What was your most memorable birthday? my last; my memory is getting worse with old age.
  20. Where were you born? Zanesville, OH
  21. Favorite sport to watch? basketball (March Madness baby!), but I must say I've enjoyed a few NCAA football games in recent years.
  22. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? don't know; someone who wasn't on the email list I guess.
  23. Person you expect to send it back first? no clue.
  24. What laundry detergent do you use? usually, it's whatever's the cheapest.
  25. Were you named after anyone? yes, my middle name is my father's first name; my first name is the same as my mom's cousin's first name.
  26. Do you wish on stars? yea, right.
  27. When did you last cry? can't exactly remember, but it probably was a month or two ago. I'm not at all afraid to cry. It most likely was a result of reflecting on who God is, and how much He loves me.
  28. Do you like your handwriting? I used to be pretty good and was proud of it; now, I don't care...I think it's not as good. I mainly type now.
  29. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you? It all depends on what kind of person I would be. ; - )
  30. Are you a daredevil? in regards to physical stunts; heck no. I've got too messed up playing competitive sports. The last thing I need to do is get messed up more seeking thrills that are more fleeting than the ongoing pain that usually accompanies them. I take a common-sense approach to those sort of things.
  31. Do looks matter? Of course they do. Anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves. They don't mean everything, obviously, or even the most, but definitely go into your perceptions. (well said Nate.)
  32. How do you release anger? who me? heck no, I just supress it or deny I get angry.
  33. Where is your second home? here on earth
  34. What were your favorite games to play when you where a child? oh! that's easy...kick the can. But later in adolescence, it became basketball.
  35. What class in high school was totally useless? none; even math; I wish I applied myself better
  36. Favorite movies? go under my profile to the upper right to see the list.
  37. What are your nicknames? Fast Eddie; Underfed Ed (in college; I always ate as though I had not eaten in days and looked as though I had not eaten in weeks); Super Ed in junior high.
  38. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? yes; otherwise the shoes won't last as long; I think my mom taught me that. (don't know if it's true; but is seems to work for me. I'm like the Isralites wondering in the desert - my shoes last forever! I just hope I'm not metaphically "wondering in the desert.")
  39. Do you think that you are strong? in my hubris, yes (delusional); in Christ, yes (realistic, not arrogant); in my own strength -- apart from God -- no (realistic, and honest). [*you may need to stop and think about this one.***]
  40. What's your favorite ice cream flavor? mint chocolate chip
  41. What are your favorite colors? hunter green and midnight blue
  42. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? my tendency at times to move into OCD mode.
  43. Who do you miss the most? an old friend.
  44. Do you want everyone you sent this to send it back? With their answers? heck no! I'm pretty much a self-centered individual; I don't have time to read about other people; I just want people to know about me; if you are reading this than you must be less self-centered than me.
  45. What color pants are you wearing? pants? what pants? I work from home.
  46. What are you listening to right now? the hummmm of my computer and a propeller plane flying way overhead outside.
  47. Last thing you ate? bagal (with creme cheese)
  48. If you were a CRAYON what color would you be? a two-pronged crayon of both yellow and green (I'm unique and very sophisicated.)
  49. Last person you talked to on the phone? my sister.
  50. Favorite Drink? Let me qualify that: on a hot summer day, it would be filtered (not bottled nor distilled) water with ice cubes that, of course, are also filtered. On a cold winter day, hot chocolate. On a fall day, cider. On a spring day, let's say a fruit smoothie.
  51. Do you wear contacts? yes.
  52. Favorite Day of the Year? Thanksgiving.
  53. Scary Movies or Happy Endings? happy endings
  54. Summer or winter? Summer
  55. Hugs OR Kisses? whatever shows the appropriate level of love and affection (sorry for the Spock-like answer).
  56. What is Your Favorite Dessert? Royal cherry cheese cake
  57. What Book(s) are you reading? Dumb Things Smart Christians Believe - Misbeliefs That Keep Us From Experiencing God's Grace by Gary Kinnaman
  58. What is on your mouse pad? my mouse? (that's not my answer, but once again, Nate's; good answer man! And way to answer a question with another question.)
  59. What Did You Watch Last night on TV? Olympics for a bit
  60. Favorite Smells? the smell in the air of the changing seasons (especially fall).
  61. Rolling Stones or Beatles? I hate both bands with the fury of a thousand suns. (once again, Nate's answer)
  62. What's the furthest you've been from home? a town near the Slovakian border in Czech Republic.